2020年11月14日 21:27 #12821Ashton Allenゲスト
One Day as a Tiger
Alex MacIntyre and the Birth of Light and Fast Alpinism
by John Porter
- ISBN: 9781910240083 (1910240087)
- Genres: mountaineering, climbing, biography
- Language: english
- Release date: September 1, 2014
- Author: John Porter
- Format: hardcover, 288 pages
- Publisher: Vertebrate Publishing
- Awards: Banff Mountain Book Award for Mountaineering History (The James Monroe Thorington Award) (2014), Boardman Tasker Prize Nominee for Mountain Literature (2015), Phyllis and Don Munday Award (2014)
About The Book
A revelatory and poignant memoir showing mountaineering at its extraordinary best and tragic worst as it draws an unforgettable picture of a dazzling, argumentative and exuberant climbing legend.
In the autumn of 1982, a single stone fell from high on the south face of Annapurna and struck Alex MacIntyre on the head, killing him instantly and robbing the climbing world of one of its greatest talents.
Although only 28 years old, Alex was already one of the leading figures of British mountaineering’s most successful era. His ascents included hard new routes on Himalayan giants like Dhaulagiri and Changabang and a glittering record of firsts in the Alps and Andes. Yet how Alex climbed was as important as what he climbed. He was a mountaineering prophet, sharing with a handful of contemporaries — including his climbing partner Voytek Kurtyka — the vision of a purer form of alpinism on the world’s highest peaks.
FB2 ebook One Day as a Tiger download on iPhone on Kobo. PDF One Day as a Tiger by John Porter read. MP3 book One Day as a Tiger John Porter for Mac on Dymocks. Hardback One Day as a Tiger buy cheap.